Iomega StorCenter IX4-200D EMC Network Attached Storage NAS 4TB 8TB 12TB
Lenovo & LenovoEMC Devices -End of Service Life
After March 31, 2020, Lenovo will no longer provide security updates or technical support for the following devices: Lenovo ix4-300d & LenovoEMC px2-300d, px4-300d, px6-300d, px4-400d, px4-400r, px4-300r, px12-400r, px12-450r.
What does this mean? Lenovo is ending their LenovoEMC storage division and will no longer offer warranty or technical support for any LenovoEMC products. Certain features will no longer be available to access such as personal cloud, photo upload service, network video recorder. For more information on the LenovoEMC end of service, refer to Lenovo's website.
LenovoEMC storage units will still function normally as a network attached storage device to backup or transfer files between devices connected on the same network.
The Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d NAS Server offers content sharing with advanced security, and is ideal for small office, remote office or home networks. Based on enterprise-class EMC® storage technology, the StorCenter ix4-200d provides dual GbE connections, easy file sharing, iSCSI block access, and multiple RAID configurations for
optimized data protection. Business users will appreciate the robust data protection features such as UPS support, print serving, folder quotas, Rsync device-to-device replication, and user replaceable drives for business continuity and disaster recovery. The easy-to-use interface, Active Directory support and remote access provide no-hassle management. The StorCenter ix4-200d supports up to five Axis® IP security cameras for simple video surveillance applications. Home users will particularly benefit from the advanced media features such as the DLNA® certified UPnP® AV Media Server, PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol), torrent download compatibility, Bluetooth® upload, and Cooliris™ slide show plug-in. Award-winning EMC Retrospect® Express backup
software and RSA® BSAFE® encryption for protected installs and upgrades are included for advanced backup and security. Supports PC, Mac® and Linux® clients and is VMware® certified for NFS and iSCSI. Available in 4TB, 8TB, 12TB capacities.
- 4TB (4x1TB HDD)
- 8TB (4x2TB HDD)
- 12TB (4x3TB HDD)
• Easy file sharing, data backup and print serving from any networked Windows® PC, Mac or Linux workstation.
• RAID Support: RAID 5 and RAID 10 - all with automatic RAID rebuild. JBOD mode also available.
• Network File Protocols Supported: CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP.
• Dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with Jumbo frame support and high performance embedded architecture.
• iSCSI target provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel
with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
• LCD screen: a small front panel display provides quick information on the status of the StorCenter ix4-200d.
• Remote Access: connect securely from anywhere in the world and get full access to the pictures, videos, files and administration of the StorCenter ix4-200d through a personalized web address.
• Active Directory Support: Functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the StorCenter ix4-200d to utilize the domain users and
• Replication / Device to Device Copy Jobs:
• Define your policy to copy/synchronize files to and from the StorCenter ix4-200d to any other NAS or USB attached storage device using Rsync technology, without the need for a client computer.
• Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule
• One touch copying via the QuikTransfer button.
• Folder Quotas: easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user folder.
• Expandability: add storage capacity by connecting external USB Hard Disk Drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2/ext3, or HFS+ formatted drives
• Print Server: Intelligent print sharing capability for up to 3 USB printers connected to the StorCenter ix4-200d.
• Security Camera: Connect up to 5 Axis® network security cameras and the StorCenter ix4-200d captures and stores video without the need of a dedicated PC
• VMware® Certified: HCL certified NAS (NFS) and iSCSI storage
• Power Savings: Automatic hard drive spin-down and an Energy Star® certified power supply assure the most efficient (minimal) power consumption. 2TB & 4TB SKUs come with low power consumption “green” Hard Disk Drives.
• Time Machine® support lets Apple® users easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
• Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support: enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure
• System Dashboard: consolidates information on space utilization, device, peripheral, and backup status.
• Reporting: Email alerts, SNMP agent monitoring and Event Logging help IT administrators centrally manage the StorCenter ix4-200d
• UPnP™ DLNA Certified® AV Media Server: Able to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices like game consoles (Microsoft Xbox® 360, Sony PlayStation® 3), audio bridges, iTunes™ players, picture frames, etc.
• Photo Slideshow: integrated utility based on the Cooliris™ technology for quick browsing (3D thumbnails) and sharing of pictures stored on the StorCenter ix4-200d to both local and remote users.
• Torrent Download Manager: the StorCenter ix4-200d manages peer-to-peer file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC.
• Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP): No touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port.
• Bluetooth® Upload: Upload contacts, photos, and more from a cell phone, pocket PC or BlackBerry phone (Bluetooth USB adapter required, sold separately)
• Total Data Protection:
• EMC® Retrospect® Express Backup Software (unlimited client licenses). Professional-level client backup for all your critical data.
• Iomega QuikProtect™ Software for effortlessly synchronizing files between the clients and the StorCenter ix4-200d
• Robust username and password authorized access
• RAID 5 or RAID 10 assures data integrity if a drive fails
• RSA® BSAFE® technology protects installs and upgrades.
• Simple to use:
• Easy configuration in a four step setup process
• Management via user friendly web-based interface
• Accessible in any of the 11 supported languages (concurrently from different clients)
• Software Compatibility: Compatible with today’s most common backup software titles, web browsers, media devices and computers