Lenovo EMC PX4-400R NAS 0TB 1U Rackmount Network Attached Storage SM10G78637
Lenovo & LenovoEMC Devices -End of Service Life
After March 31, 2020, Lenovo will no longer provide security updates or technical support for the following devices: Lenovo ix4-300d & LenovoEMC px2-300d, px4-300d, px6-300d, px4-400d, px4-400r, px4-300r, px12-400r, px12-450r.
What does this mean? Lenovo is ending their LenovoEMC storage division and will no longer offer warranty or technical support for any LenovoEMC products. Certain features will no longer be available to access such as personal cloud, photo upload service, network video recorder. For more information on the LenovoEMC end of service, refer to Lenovo's website.
LenovoEMC storage units will still function normally as a network attached storage device to backup or transfer files between devices connected on the same network.
Lenovo EMC PX4-400R FULL-FEATURED NETWORK STORAGE ARRAY MADE FOR SMBS AND DISTRIBUTED ENTERPRISES
Perfect for small-to medium-sized businesses and distributed enterprises, the LenovoEMC PX4-400R Network Storage is a full-featured and affordable NAS that combines advanced data protection plus local and remote content sharing with the simplicity and power of the LenovoEMC LifeLine operating system. With many business features, like iSCSI block access, confi gurable RAID, snapshots, EMC Avamar support, Milestone Arcus video surveillance solution, embedded cloud capabilities and capacities ranging from diskless to 16TB, the LenovoEMC PX4-400R’s compact 1u rackmount form factor fi ts into any business environment.
EMBEDDED CLOUD TECHNOLOGY
Lenovo offers a fast and efficient “on-ramp” to the cloud along with flexible options for safeguarding business-critical data. With Lenovo, you have unprecedented choices, including personal and hybrid (public/private) clouds, to meet your business, budget and data protection needs. Regardless of approach, Lenovo ensures that files and folders can be easily backed up directly from any Lenovo device to the cloud — it’s really that simple and seamless to ensure vital business data is safe and sound.
VIDEO SURVEILLANCE STORAGE
With Lenovo network storage devices, it’s easy to view, archive, protect and share physical security video and audio files from anywhere with built-in video surveillance solutions. The LenovoEMC PX4-400R comes equipped with Milestone Arcus and Mindtree SecureMind Surveillance Manager to deliver stand-alone VMS options that easily set up recordings and confi gurations directly and offer live monitoring, video recording, and easy, fast video playback from multiple IP cameras.
Small-to medium-sized business, remote office and branch office users will appreciate the advanced data protection features such as RAID 1, 10, 5, & hot spare with automatic RAID rebuild, snapshots, device-to-device data replication, user replaceable hard drives, and support for Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) for business continuity and disaster recovery, along with certification for most virtualization environments. The easy-to-use interface, Active Directory support, user quotas, and remote access features provide no-hassle management.
Lenovo EMC PX4-400R NETWORK STORAGE HIGHLIGHTS
- Powered by LenovoEMC™ storage technology
- Supports PC, Mac & Linux clients
- VMware , Citrix XenServer, and Windows Server certified
- Flexible configurations of a diskless option, storage pools and configurable RAID
- Windows Active Directory High Availability (ADHA), Hybrid Authentication, MSCS and Hyper-V Live Migration support
- Built-in anti-virus scanning and cleaning with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise with ePO
- Embedded Cloud Technology including EMC Avamar, LenovoEMC Personal Cloud and Amazon S3
- Video Surveillance ready with Milestone Arcus
- Complete, high-performance backup protection for your entire business network with included Acronis ATI Lite
- Available in up to 16 TB of capacity with a diskless option
Lenovo EMC PX4-400R KEY DIFFERENTIATORS
- Enhanced Operating System – Powerful LenovoEMC LifeLine software allows users to store and manage all of their valuable data on one centralized, secure and affordable storage appliance.
- LenovoEMC Link iOS & Android application – LenovoEMC Link gives you a direct link to your PX4-400R via your iOS or Android device. You have the ability to upload, download, browse and copy content on your network storage devices using LenovoEMC Link mobile app. (Download app from iTunes or Google Play)
- Anti-Virus Scanning – Built-in anti-virus scanning and cleaning with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise with ePO
- Virtualization – LenovoEMC network storage devices are certified for Citrix XenServer 6.1, 6.2 (w/MPIO), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, and VMware vSphere ESX 5.5 iSCSI and NFS which makes them the most cost-effective solution for server
- Video Surveillance Options – Milestone Arcus Video Surveillance offers embedded video management software from market leader Milestone that simplifies video surveillance. Featuring automated configuration, wide camera compatibility, motion detection, live monitoring, playback, and easy export. Two (2), 30-day trial licenses included. Suggested max of 20 cameras (permanent camera licenses available), Mindtree SecureMind VSMS software delivers multi-channel live monitoring, video recording, and easy, fast video playback from multiple IP cameras. One free camera license included, supports up to 16 cameras. Additional licenses available for purchase. Axis Video Hosting Solution (AVHS) for local to hosted cloud video storage and management.
Lenovo EMC PX4-400R HARDWARE
- 7200RPM Server Class Hard Drives – Ensure higher reliability and performance. These drives are designed to better handle rotational vibration and continuous operation for mission critical applications.
- RAID Support – RAID 1, 10, 5 & hot spare, automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap. RAID 0 and JBOD mode also available.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity – With Dual GbE ports for bonding or failover.
- SSD Support – For I/O intensive applications, the PX4-400R can be fitted with solid state drives to boost performance. (SSDs not included)
- Power Savings – Automatic hard drive spin-down assure the most effi cient (minimal) power consumption
- Scheduled Power – Automatically power on or turn off your LenovoEMC device at a pre-selected time schedule.
- Wake-on-LAN – Powers on your LenovoEMC device when a “magic-packet” wake-up signal is sent over the network. (Wake-on-LAN magic packet application not included)
- Advanced Networking Capabilities – NIC bonding for failover and load balancing including 802.3ad link aggregation; Jumbo frame support for 4000 and 9000 byte payloads; VLAN tagging capability to IEEE 802.1Q standard; iSCSI persistent reservations for clustered Microsoft environments
- Hard Disk Drives – Expanding list of HDD qualifications for BYOD, for a full list, visit LenovoEMC.com/NASdisks
- System Status Dashboard – The LenovoEMC LifeLine system status dashboard provides a one-stop-shop for space usage, device information, control, and status. If one of these components has encountered an error, you are linked to the page that requires your attention
- iSCSI Target – Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with filelevel storage access via CIFS/NFS. Includes support for persistent reservations.
- SSD Cache Pools – Set up dedicated SSDs for fast reads & writes of frequently accessed data, providing improved performance for I/O intensive applications such as databases. (SSDs not included)
- Sharing – Access files from any networked Windows PC, Linux or Mac for easy file sharing and data backup
- Encrypted Volume – Allows you to create an encrypted volume with an assigned password; thus securing the data on the encrypted volume (256-bit AES).
- Network File Protocols Supported – CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, SFTP TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor – Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the LenovoEMC storage system.
- Built-in Cloud Technology – Back up selected files directly from your Lenovo network storage to LenovoEMC Personal Cloud or Amazon S3™ storage clouds for off-site safekeeping of important data. Additional charges apply
- Mac OS X Lion and Time Machine Support – Supports Mac Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 and Time Machine, allowing the LenovoEMC to serve as a Time Machine target for your Apple computers.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS Support) – Allows device to receive unattended shutdown requests from UPS through USB port to prevent data loss in case of power failure.
- User Quotas – Manage capacity by setting a maximum for shared storage.
- Data Organization and Access – Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single LenovoEMC storage system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Webbased Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on a LenovoEMC storage device from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
BACKUP AND REPLICATION
- Snapshots – Point in time backup of a complete volume image including Active Snap capability. Also uses.VSS and .VDS for compatibility with Windows & VMware hosts.
- PC Backup with True Image Lite 2013 by Acronis – Powerful backup software from Acronis protects content, recovers data in case of any disasters (3 licenses included).
- Data Replication / Device-to-Device Data Copy Jobs – Easily copy fi les to and from attached USB drives or any network share, including LenovoEMC Personal Cloud locations, using the secure rsync or CIFS protocol. Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network. Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
- LenovoEMC Personal Cloud – LenovoEMC Personal Cloud is a web-based computing architecture that connects your LenovoEMC Network Storage devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet.
- Backup-to-Disk (B2D) Target – With HCL listing, Lenovo network storage products are identified as compatible disk targets for Symantec Backup Exec software.
Lenovo EMC PX4-400R Technical Specs
|Description||LenovoEMC PX4-400R Network Storage|
1U form factor; less than 20" depth accommodates shallow racks
Intel Atom D2701 Dual Core 2.13GHz
2 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports (RJ45 connector)
Supports both file and block storage pools, 256 hosts maximum with the following parameters - Block storage pools: 32 LUNs maximum per pool; 128 LUNs maximum per device. File storage pools: 256 LUNs maximum per pool; 256 LUNs maximum per device.
100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz
42.5 dBA typical
|User interface Localization|
User interface localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Swedish, Dutch, and Polish