IBM 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter for IBM System x
This IBM 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter SSD-based high-performance server-class storage adapter can provide the performance required for extensive computations while utilizing a reduced storage footprint.
- 640 GB of SSD storage in a standard PCIe adapter: significantly lower power and cooling costs, low management overhead, smaller storage footprint in the datacenter, and a much greener storage solution
- An alternative to SSD-based hard drives: higher IOPS performance, lower cost per IOP, higher endurance, and efficiency of scale-up
- IBM® branding: a single point of serviceability and enterprise-grade warranty to enable interoperability with a variety of IBM and partner products
- The ability to do more with less during these tough economic times: lower operational expenditure (OPEX) and capital expenditure (CAPEX) in applications that require high IOPS compared to solutions that use a larger number of HDD and SSD devices to achieve equivalent IOPS
IBM 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter Overview
The 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter for IBM System x® comes with all the benefits of standard storage. Furthermore, it features enterprise-class high performance of up to 200,000 sustained IOPS. This adapter is designed primarily for performance hungry, high-performance servers and computing appliances while providing the added benefits of lower power and cooling costs, low management overhead, and a smaller storage footprint.
Based on standard PCIe architecture coupled with silicon-based NAND clustering storage technology, the High IOPS SSD PCIe Adapter is optimized for System x racks and blades. The scalable design comes in 640 GB capacity with Multi level cell (MLC) technology in a full-height, half-length PCI-e form factor.
This adapter uses NAND flash memory as the basic building block of solid-state storage and contains no moving parts; thus is less sensitive to issues associated with vibration, noise, and mechanical failure. The adapter is built as a block device on a PCIe bus with advanced wear-leveling, 11-bit ECC, and N+1 chip-level redundancy. The adapter provides unparalleled reliability and efficiency.
Whether enabling high-performance computing or reducing the storage footprint, IBM offers High IOPS SSD PCIe Adapters to meet your computational requirements. This adapter is compatible with a wide variety of System x systems.
Providing that additional peace of mind, your High IOPS PCIe Adapter purchase is covered under IBM warranty.
IBM 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter Technical Information
Physical specifications 640GB High IOPS MLC DUO Adapter for IBM System x
- Height: 16 mm (0.63 in)
- Width: 110 mm (4.331 in)
- Depth: 170 mm (6.693 in)
- Weight: 279 g (0.61 lb)
- Please allow 1mm difference for manual measurements.
- Box size: 9 x 9 x 3 inches
- Approximate weight: 1.5 lbs
- Temperature: – 0° to 55° C (32° to 131° F) at 0 to 914 m (0 to 3,000 ft)
- Temperature: – 10° to 32° C (50° to 90° F) at 914 to 3,048 m (3,000 to 10,000 ft)
- Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
- Maximum altitude: 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Part numbers: 81Y4518