Full Retail Boxed | Lenovo EMC IX2 Network Attached Storage NAS 2-Bay 2TB 6TB
- 2TB (2x1TB HDD)
- 4TB (2x2TB HDD)
Lenovo EMC IX2 Product Features
Ease of use:
- Easy three step setup – Simply plug into your router, power on, and download the integrated LenovoEMC™ Storage Manager software.
- User friendly web-based management interface. Web Interface accessible in 16 supported languages.
- Software Compatibility: Compatible with today’s most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers
Simple Content Sharing:
- Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing.
- Easily share content with friends and family outside of your home using the exclusive LenovoEMC™ Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. No need to email file attachments.
- File distribution made easy. Drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an email with either the files attached, or a link to download the files.
- LenovoEMC™ Link iOS & Android application: LenovoEMC™ Link gives you a direct link to your ix2 via your iOS or Android device. You have the ability to upload, download, browse and stream content on your network storage devices using LenovoEMC Link mobile app. (download app from iTunes or Android Market)
- Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature – easily select and share your digital pictures on the web
Powerful Backup & Restore Functionality
- Time Machine® Support: allows Apple® users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
- LenovoEMC™ Personal Cloud Backup: Synchronize data between personal cloud member systems and the ix2.
- Public Cloud Backup: Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect™ to replicate data from your ix2 to your public cloud account.
- Data Replication / Device to Device Copy Jobs Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share including LenovoEMC™ Personal Cloud locations using the rsync or CIFS protocol. Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network.
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
- Configuration Backup and Restore: allows you to back up and restore system configuration information. Backing up a configuration saves various system properties, including users, groups, device identification, and Share names and permissions.
- Symantec Backup: Lenovo network storage products are identified as compatible disk targets for Backup Exec software.
Advanced Disk & Power Management
- Power Savings: Automatic hard drive spin-down assure the most efficient (minimal) power consumption.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support: Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
- System Status: Consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor: Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the ix2.
- Reporting: Email alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the-minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the ix2.
Advanced Business Features
- Active Directory Support: Functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the ix2 to utilize the domain users and groups.
- iSCSI target: Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
- Expandability: Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2 / ext3 / ext4, or HFS+ formatted drives.
- Application Manager: Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
- Data organization and access: Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single LenovoEMCsystem, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on an ix2 from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Native security support with robust username and password authorized access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
- User Quotas: Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
Lenovo Iomega IX2 Technical Specifications
|Form Factor||Desktop form factor; supports up to 2 3.5" SATA HDDs (Diskless, 2TB and 4TB options available)|
|Ethernet||1 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports (RJ45 connector)|
|AC Voltage||100-240 VAC|
|Acoustic Noise||25.6 dBA maximum|
|Temperature, Humidity, and Altitude||
|User Interface Localization||User interface localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Swedish, Dutch, and Polish.|
Manufacturer's Product Release Information in PDF format.
Lenovo Iomega Devices - End of Service Life
Lenovo no longer provides security updates or technical support for the Lenovo EMC IX2.
What does this mean? Lenovo is ending their storage division and will no longer offer warranty or technical support for any End of Service Life products. Certain features will no longer be available to access such as personal cloud, photo upload service, network video recorder. For more information on the end of service, refer to Lenovo's website.
The Lenovo storage units will still function normally as a network attached storage device to backup or transfer files between devices connected on the same network.
Sami (verified owner) –
Great on time as described
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Joseph Bowie (verified owner) –
Best price for this equipment!
Michael F. (verified owner) –
Price makes up for the EOL status which is fully disclosed. Shipped fast, fast but not always on point answers to questions. I bought one of these NAS units 5 years ago, and its been 24/7 since.
KRIS S. (verified owner) –
Great product, excellent price and exceptional customer service!
Ahmed D. (verified owner) –
The NAS is really good, even for an old modal. ParallelMiner service was okay. At first, my order got canceled for the exact product I ordered was out of stock (probably logistic issue). But after getting in touch with their support, I ordered another modal and it got shipped real fast.
George (verified owner) –
At first I did not receive the item as was scheduled. It was due to the failure on the part of Fedex. When the company (Parallel Miner) was notified about it, they immediately took action. Their responses were very prompt and their customer service is excellent. They were kind enough to send a replacement item by two day shipping. In the mean time, the original packet arrived. I would recommend this company to everyone. I am very happy with the way they handled the whole matter.
Joseph g (store manager) –
Hi George, I just check tracking 280969857700, something is not right. Please call FedEx tomorrow and get an update. If lost file a claim and contact me via our contact page. We will reship another one. Sorry about this
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Instructions are confusing.
Warren Enright (verified owner) –
My ix2 arrived sooner than expected. Everything was included for setup. Had to resolve some microsoft network sharing issues as usual but otherwise setup was easy. The UI on this product is well organized and easy to use. It is working great, extremely fast access. I would highly recommend purchasing this product from Parallel Miner.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
I am pleased with the item!
Josh Dare (verified owner) –
Came way faster than estimated: ordered Thursday, ordinary/free shipping said I’d get it Monday but received it on Saturday.
My first NAS, have been desperate for the space and 4 tb for $50 seems a really good deal. Two things tho:
– it is seriously loud when writing to disk, making me question its longevity
– the manufacturer is no longer in business, so there is no support to speak of. Further, any functions that rely on an external website — and there are many in the web GUI, including the basic set up — don’t go any where. You’re still able to set it up with the admin portal by going to its IP address.
Lawrence S. (verified owner) –
Quick shipping, and product worked out of the box as described. Would have no reservations of ding business with these folks again.
SUSANNE A. (verified owner) –
Very fast order processing and delivery!
Robert M. (verified owner) –
Received quickly and unit works great. Thinking of buying another one.
Charles Miller (verified owner) –
Good product and very prompt service.
charles miller (verified owner) –
Works fine. Very low price.