Iomega StorCenter PX12-350R Network Storage Array Server Class Series NAS 4TB
The Iomega StorCenter PX12-350R Network Storage Array is a powerful network storage solution offering the highest levels of performance and advanced data protection for small- to medium-sized businesses and the distributed enterprise. Powered by enterprise-class EMC storage technology, the StorCenter PX12-350R is ideal for production data stores, server virtualization, backup-to disk target and video surveillance. Available in configurations up to 36TB in a single array, the high performance PX12-350R is better, faster and more reliable for your mission critical data. The StorCenter PX12-350R
includes many enterprise-class features, such as device to-device data replication to ensure data integrity at both the source and the replication target and businesses will appreciate extremely high throughput with quad-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and an Intel Core2 Duo Processor, plus link aggregation (port bonding), server class hard drives, and the option of solid state drives.
Capacity: 4TB(4x1TB HDD), 8TB (4x2TB HDD)
Maximum Capacity: 36TB (12 x 3TB HDDs)
• Server Class hard drives are used to ensure higher reliability and performance. These drives are designed to better handle rotational vibration and continuous operation for mission critical applications. Ideal for video surveillance applications.
• 4-drive disk packs enable expansion to 8 or 12 drive configurations
Expandability: Add storage capacity by simply adding drives in the unpopulated drive bays. Added drives can be brought into an existing Storage Pool or made into a new Storage Pool. Additionally, USB connected Hard Disk Drives can be attached and used as shares. The StorCenter px12 supports read and write on Fat32, NTFS, or ext2/ext3 formatted hard disks; read only of external HFS+ formatted drives.
RAID Support: RAID 1, 10, 5, and 6 with hot spare, automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap. RAID 0 and JBOD mode also available.
SSD Support: For IO intensive applications, the px12-350r can be fitted with solid state drives to boost performance.
Redundant Power Supply – Ships with dual hot swappable power supplies for 1+1 redundancy.
Storage Pools: Storage Pools group drives of like size and RAID protection together to simplify management. Optimize block storage performance with dedicated iSCSI storage pools.
Iomega StorCenter PX12-350R Specifications
• 2U form factor, 12 slots for 3.5 inch SATA Hard Disk Drives
• Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz CPU
• 4GB DDR2 Memory
• Four (4) 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports (RJ 45 connector)
• 4 x 3.5” Hot swap SATA-II Server Class hard disk drives
Reliability MTBF 1,200,000 hours Latency/seek time 4.17 msec
Rotational Vibration Sensor Yes
Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
• RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+1(hot spare), and 6 protection on a per-Storage Pool basis. (Note: all disks within a single RAID/storage pool should be the same capacity, speed, and manufacturer. Mixing different types of drives may result in unpredictable behavior)
• Power Consumption
o Max: 200W
o Min: 110W (drives spun down)
• iSCSI: Supports both file and block storage pools, 256 hosts maximum with the following parameters; o Block storage pools; 32 LUNS maximum per pool. 128 LUNs maximum per device. o File storage pools; 256 LUNs Maximum per pool. 256 LUNs maximum per device.
• Three USB 2.0 ports; One front, two rear
• LAN standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
• AC Voltage 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
• Acoustic noise – 56 dBA maximum